21 February 2009

Buffing


Buffing as modern art, originally uploaded by knautia.

Lately the response to graff in Bristol by the council has been to paint over it - but in random colours and random shapes, that has nothing to do with the colours around it. I'm intrigued as to why this is ok, and graff is an "eyesore". I'm loving the fact it looks like random bits of modern art though - imagine the possibilities for manipulating it - if I painted a little small tag in the middle, would someone add a little square of contrasting colour? The Council would end up painting the patterns I wanted for me. And imagine a couple of simple red lines added to this - yup, definite possibilities.... Can't wait to see how they define the differences between this and graff - except that graff looks better, o'course...

Buffing as graff

No comments: